Syringa X hyacinthiflora Declaration
Catch some Lilac magic with this USDA introduction that features a smaller, denser form coupled with amazing flower power and color. While most vulgaris and other hyacinthiflora Lilacs tend to overpower smaller sites, ‘Declaration’ is just the right size maturing at about 70% of the size of larger types making it perfect for growing near a patio or smaller foundation area. While this smaller plant size is a great feature, has it sacrificed flower power for size? Absolutely not! In fact, ‘Declaration’ makes an even bigger statement that most other Lilacs with flower cones that can stretch to up 8-12″ long creating massive spires of wildly fragrant, reddish-purple bloom in quantities that will make you proud to show this plant off to your neighbors. Plant ‘Declaration in half to full day sun in moist, well drained soil. Like all Lilac, ‘Declaration’ is quite easy to grow and mostly pest free except for some powdery mildew on foliage in hot summers that can affect all Lilacs.
- » Ruby Purple blooms
- » Fragrant flowers bloom in spring
- » Smaller, denser form
- » Amazing color and flower power
- » Maturing at about 70% of the size of larger types
- » Perfect for growing near a patio or smaller foundation area
- » Flower cones that can stretch to up 8-12″ long
- » Massive spires of wildly fragrant, reddish-purple bloom
NOTE: We do not ship plants.
Local Pick/Delivery only